- A 1+2 Approach to Langauge Learning
- BounceBack for Parents
- Communications Policy
- CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION January 2021
- Talking to Children About Coronavirus
- Curriculum Information Leaflets
- Reporting Jigsaw
- Emergency Closures
- P1 Enrolment 2020-2021
- Primary School Enrolment
- Placing Requests
- Pupil Absences due to Family Holidays
- School term and holiday dates
- Medicines in School
- Relationships, Sexual Health and Parenthood
- PKC Remote Learning Hub
- Residential Trips
- Restorative Approaches to Positive Behaviour
- School Clothing Grants
- School Fund Information
- School Meals
- Free School Meals
- School Uniform
- Scottish National Standardised Assessments
- Structuring Classes in Primary Schools
- Useful Links for Parents
- Xpressions App
If your child is in P1 to P3
Free School Meals are offered to ALL pupils in P1- P3 [385Kb] without the need for parents/carers to submit an application form. However, an application form must be completed if you also require assistance with school clothing/footwear for your child in P1-P3.
P1 pupils commencing school in August and who attend school for half a day for the first two weeks of term are entitled to a free school meal before going home.
Don't forget to submit an application form for Free School Meals for your child when he/she moves into P4 as they will no longer be automatically entitled to Free School Meals.
For further information please view the free school meals flyer for parents [386Kb]
If your child is P4 or above
You can claim free school meals for your child(ren) if you are receiving:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income based Job Seeker's Allowance (IBJSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105.
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) and Working Tax Credit (WTC) and your income is less than £6,420
- If you are between 16 and 18 years old and receive any of these benefits in your own right, you can claim free school meals for yourself.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit where the monthly earned income does not exceed £610
For more information on Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit visit the Inland Revenue Website: www.hmrc.gov.uk
How do I apply for Free School Meals?
Complete a P4 - S6 application form [212Kb] or pick up an application form from any school or Pullar House reception.
Supporting evidence from Jobcentre Plus must be dated within 6 weeks of the date of your claim and Tax Credit Award Notices (TC602) must relate to the financial year.
Free School Meal claims will not be backdated and entitlement will start from the date applications are processed by Education & Children's Services.