Good to be Green Guidelines
When I follow our RESPECT CODE:
- I will start each day with a Green Card.
- I will earn 1 point for each day I stay on Green.
- I will receive an ‘I’ve been Green All Week’ sticker if I stay Green all week.
- I can decorate a green dragon scale when I have earned 30 points, a blue scale when I have earned 90 points and a gold dragon scale when I have earned 120 points. At the end of the year I can put my dragon scales on a certificate to take home.
- My name will go in to the G2BG Lottery (for a special reward) if I stay Green all term.
- Merit Stickers or Tickets may be awarded for special acts of respect or some special action that should be recognised. I can gain a House Point for my Citizenship House and 1 extra point towards my dragon scales. My teacher will take a note of when & why I got a sticker/ticket.
If I break our RESPECT CODE:
- I will receive a verbal reminder and if I break the Respect Code again that day, I will get a Yellow Warning Card. It is placed in front of the green card for the rest of the day and then behind the green card for the rest of the week.
- If I break the code again that week (**see below) or I do something very dangerous or silly I will get a Red Consequence Card and I will miss the next playtime as a consequence. My teacher will have a chat with me to discuss how I can improve my behaviour. The red card is placed in front of the green card for the rest of the day and then behind the green card for the rest of the week.
- My teacher will take a record of when & why I received a yellow or red card.
- I will lose the privilege of representing the school in a non-curricular event if I have received a red card during the five school days leading up to the event.
- If I receive 3 Red Consequence Cards the Head Teacher will want to talk with me and may ask to speak to my parents.
*Children in P1-3 will only receive a red card if they break the Respect Code twice in one day ie 2 yellow warning cards. Only then will they miss the next play or lunchtime.