26th February 2020
Dear Parents & Carers,
World Book Day / Australia Theme Fundraising Event – Thursday 5th March 2020
The children have been very keen to raise funds for people and wildlife affected by the recent bushfires in Australia. It has been decided there will be a variety of activities for children to participate in on Thursday 5th March in conjunction with World Book Day: Share a Million Stories. All funds raised by these activities will be donated to The Australian Red Cross.
The children have been part of the planning process for this special day and some of the events and activities will include:
- *OPTIONAL Dress Up* - as a character from a book or something with an Australia theme (donations welcome via parent pay)
- Author & Illustrator Masterclasses – done in class
- Book Trailers – videos to introduce children to new books
- Story Telling Circle Time – bring in / talk about your favourite story
- The Biggest Book Show on Earth – done in class
- Bell = Book – when the children hear a bell ring, they will stop their work and read a book for five minutes
- World Book Day themed school lunch – organised by Tayside Contracts
- (free for P1-3, paid lunch option for P4-7)
- *OPTIONAL Bush Tucker Style Trials* – optional participation. Classes will be given time slots throughout the day for children to take part in these activities if they would like to.
- (50p per activity)
- *OPTIONAL Bake Sale* – from 2:30 – 3:30pm in the Music Room. If you would like to contribute cakes, cookies, biscuits, etc. please bring them to the Community Entrance at the start of the school day. All donations to be clearly labelled with ingredients to highlight allergy information.
- (Items will be labelled with prices on the day, up to the value of 50p per item)
Please note the points marked with an * are optional fund-raising activities. Parent Pay information will be available in due course. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s class teacher.
Thank you for your support.